Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Walking the dog and trying to take pictures...Redo

I learned 3 things last week, which I corrected this week.

1.  Take someone with me to walk the dog

2.  Shoot early morning or late afternoon (yeah, I know it says it in every book I have read).  This time we were out about 1 hour before sunset.

3.  and take my 50mm f/1.8 lens for better focus on the foreground



We have lived in our house for nearly 10 years and this is the first time I have walked this trail.  We walked up and down the hill for over an hour (we weren't sure we would make it home in time for an appointment!)



I took my D50 (because it is much lighter and if I fell and broken it, I wouldn't be as devastated) and my AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D.  All the pictures are taken in Aperture Priority (and at f/1.8) and are SOOC except for the fact that I have converted from RAW to JPG.  I know I could brighten them up in PaintShopPro, but that is a whole other lesson I need to take. 



I am not sure what I was focusing on, but I like that you can see the yellow behind.  I will have to revisit this spot and focus correctly next time.



Behind were these yellow mustard flowers



old fence post along the trail

Some ferns along the ground


You can see our house from up here!


An old stable (yeah the coloring is off!)

A rusty tractor (with some graffitti)



I had a bunch of other pictures in portrait mode, but blogger post them sideways--oh well.  Someday when we have more time, I plan on going back.  There is also a pond in our neighborhood and an old farmhouse you can walk around that I didn't even know about. 


No comments:

Post a Comment