Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It only took me 15 years to make [& 1 year to post :D]

When my daughter was a baby, I did not crochet.  Last year, when I started learning, she asked me to make her a blanket for her 15th birthday after seeing a free pattern at Michaels.  It took me a little over a month to complete.
(Yarn is the Michaels Store Brand Loops & Threads Country Loom in Solarium)

Unfortunately, when I started the blanket, my stitches were pretty loose, but I finished the blanket during all my television show season finales and my stitching was a lot tighter.  Not too noticable until you try to fold it. 
At first, I thought I had missed a stitch somewhere, but after counting both the first row and last row, I realized what I had done and there was no way I was going to start over.  But she loved it and that is all that mattered. 

I finished this blanket in May 2010 and it only took me a year to write about it.  But I had to write about my first blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment