Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I am a disaster in the kitchen

There are a lot of blogs out there that have posts about cooking--some are sprinkled within general blogs showing off their holiday cookies, while others are strictly to post recipes--great yummy recipes.

For me, there is a reason I don't talk about my cooking--I am a disaster in the kitchen. Don't get me wrong I enjoy baking but sometimes it just isn't in the cards for me and I especially am not a fan of day-to-day cooking.

A few years ago, we remodeled our kitchen--actually we moved the kitchen to a bigger area--and I enjoyed designing the layout, picking out the cabinets, getting the granite, buying new appliances but that doesn't really matter when you are cursed :/

The oven we chose had a convection oven--I am not too sure what that does but it means you have the option to cook some things faster.

This year, my only job for Thanksgiving dinner was to make the pie. Actually, my job was just to bake the frozen pie. But--of course there is a but--the instructions confused me.


See the bolded words that say "conventional", well I read it as "convection". It was after work and I was tired. Luckily, I checked on the pie 60 minutes in and here were the results.




I so hate that oven! Hahaha.  I might be able to just scrape off the top portion that is burnt--so it might be edible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment