Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month...


(yes, I changed my blog background to pink)

Earlier this year, my best friend called to tell me that her mom had been diagnosed with breast cancer.  I was stunned.  Luckily, she was able to "only" have to have two lumpectomies and went through some radiation treatments.  She was cleared earlier this summer (yay!).

I had made this card for her after searching Pinterest.


I used my Cricut.  I welded 2 hearts together to make the card base (can't really see the flesh colored base here).  Then I used the Life is a Beach cartridge to cut out the bikini top.  (I had to trim the bikini top a bit to fit the heart.)  I cut 2 rectangle pieces from kraft paper and ran it through the Big Shot with the Swiss dot embossing folder then rounded the corners and bent it like a band-aid.

I kinda wanted to lift her spirits...although my husband said it might make her sad.  I haven't talked to her since, but my friend said she liked the card.  That is always a touchy part of having to go through any health related issue.  I know I use humor to get me through hard times...this card wasn't humorous, but I can't even imagine the difficult time some people have dealing with the unknown.

Take care of those girls, girls!!!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, it can be a touchy subject. You just never can tell how people will react. In all honesty, I'd rather get a card that lets me know someone is thinking of me than having people tip-toe around me, avoiding it. It would make me feel less "alone", but that's just me.:) Cute card all the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too...I really hope she liked it :)

      Delete
  2. P.S. I can't believe you went pink! Nice make-over though!;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know me well...I am definitely not a pink person ha ha ha :D

      Delete