Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Workspace Wednesday (Color Shine)


Back in March 2013, I wrote a post on how I made my own Gold mist.  At the time, I thought I would save some money and make my own--but that was short lived.

I had bought some Mini Mister spray bottles to make my own colors...but it didn't work out too well.  The acrylic paint was too thick and would just clog the sprayer.  So I bought the Primrose and later the Teal.  

That was my arsenal for over a year.  

Then last month, I had seen the trio pack (gold, teal, and citron) at Michaels and wanted to buy the mini bottles, but since I already had teal, I figured could just buy the Gold by itself for cheaper (and more came in the bottle!).  So I went that route.

Then I seen someone on Instagram post they had scored some color shine on clearance at Joann's...so I had to find them!  I was able to pick up the Chartreuse and Bronzer on clearance.

And then last week, Michaels had Heidi Swapp 40% off (plus an additional 20% app coupon!) so I picked up the White and Citron.

Yes, I have bought them all with a coupon or on sale...so that is a plus, but I know I tend to buy things because it is the thing to do and I don't really use them.

I don't know why I do this, but I do know sometimes I tend to have a "missing out" syndrome.  I have been a lot better than I used to be, but my craft room shows my hoarding tendencies unfortunately.

I will note, this past weekend, I did use the pink, teal, and gold in my planner to decorate the September title page.

My next challenge to myself is to use my stuff!  

7 comments:

  1. Linda! I feel you on the feeling left out syndrome! I need to just breathe (lol) when I see everyone's goodies! It's a sickness I tell ya! I love your stash and i think the next time we crop we should make a list and challenge ourselves to use our mists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...we need to challenge each other to use them :)

      Delete
  2. Use it! Use it! You can do it!!!
    BTW - "FOMO " is an actual term now: Fear Of Missing Out!
    So don't feel bad...obviously it's an epidemic since they actually created an acronym for it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW - if you and Jossie do a challenge for mists I will join...virtually!
    Maybe we can challenge each other to create a set number of projects and then post on our blogs w/ links to each others logs...
    BTW - I'm not trying to jump in to your "misting party"...
    It was just a thought!
    But a heads up... I'm slow so I would need some time to create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The more the merrier...and I am a slow crafter too :)

      It is nice to know I am not the only one that suffers from FOMO :D

      Delete
  4. Oh man. Do we need to start a FOMO club or something?!? I'm with you on that. I think we need to do our challenges from our old blog (remember that?!?). We still need to get together for some craft time, too!;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...do you still it up? Did we ever do any if the challenges? Hahaha

      Delete