Pages

Friday, August 26, 2016

Let's Skate--Flashback Friday

These photos were taken in 2006 at my niece and nephew's 9th birthday party.  The two photos on the left were taken by my aunt Renee and given to me so so long ago, probably back in 2006, but I never scrapbooked them.


I don't know why I waited so long to scrapbook them, but I am glad I did since I now have the perfect embellishments that I didn't have in 2006.

For this layout, I tried to use Shimelle's methodology by keeping the same colors or embellishment types in all 3 embellishment areas.

It turned out ok, but not something that flows easily for me.  This layout has been sitting on my desk for nearly 2 months waiting to be complete!

I used the Mega Date Stamp which didn't have the year 2006, so I just used the "date" area of the stamp to make my own year by first stamping 20 then 06...it is a bit off, but it works :D


I tried to limit myself by using the Maggie Holmes 12x12 original Crate Paper line and her Flea Market line Project Life cards.  Since I have way too many PL cards, I forced myself to use these by cutting portions from the cards!  I didn't even feel bad :)  I didn't really care for the rounded corners, so if I wanted to use the whole card, I cut it down so it was a rectangle.


There wasn't much on the layout that is new except the pinked grey stickers that came in the July Studio Calico Stationery kit (which I have since canceled).

Thank you for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Cute layout! I remember that, it was a fun time : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...It was such a fun time...probably the last time I roller skated! :)

      Delete
  2. Linda you have been on a roll ! Get it roller skate! I love skates and love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! When you were talking about Roller Skating this year, it made me think of these photos and you inspired me to want to scrapbook them! So thank you for that!!! :D

      Delete