Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Driving Projects

We recently came back from a 22 1/2 hour road trip.  The "original" route was supposed to take 7 1/2 hours one way, but it took us 11 1/2 hours to get there because of a couple of stops and LOTS of traffic.  On the way home, we decided to go another route and make some more stops along the way plus there was added traffic--blah!

The weekend prior to our trip, I picked up a nice supply of yarn at Michaels which was on clearance.  Each of these 8 skeins of yarn were 99 cents a piece!!!  Total score.  The "Over the Rainbow" Lily Sugar'n Cream is normally $1.99, but the Lion Brand Yarn Cotton-Ease is normally $7.99!!!  AWESOME


I search for the perfect patterns before pairing each with a color I had in my stash. 

For the rainbow yarn, I knew I wanted to make a bag, so I found this cute pattern via Ravelry by ~sarahndipities~.  Using 2 balls of the rainbow ombre and a partial ball of white Sugar'n Cream, I was able to complete 3/4's of this bag on the way to our destination.  Unfortunately, during our trip, I was unable to locate a Joann's or Michaels to purchase more white, so the bag had to wait to be completed.


Along with the Maize Cotton-Ease, I used some Cream to start a Child's Chevron Throw via Lion Brand Yarn. (you may have to be logged into the Lion Brand website to see the blanket.)  I was only able to complete about 1/3 of the blanket on our way home.


Over the years, I have enjoyed many hobbies, but crocheting is the one hobby I am happy to be able to do while being a passenger in the car or while waiting around place. 

I cannot wait to show the completed projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment