Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Still dreaming of Crafting...

It has been a while since I posted.  We've been doing a lot of household stuff to get ready for a big party next weekend (Super Bowl :/ ), so I haven't been very crafty lately, but I wanted to blog.

For Christmas, I got this Michael's Recollection Binder/Album.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it, but I knew I really needed it.


It is similar to a Smash Book, but instead it has binder rings so you can add more papers to it or move the pages around--which I really like!

I did think about using it to put my Instagram photos in it, but I had over 500 pictures since I started in June 2011 and I knew I wouldn't be slowing down on my photo sharing anytime soon.

Then I thought I would use it as sort of a portfolio for my crocheting.  Perfect way to remember everything I have done, sold, given away...

Persnickety Prints has a template for either 2x2 or 3x3 photos (marketed for Instagram) that print on a 12x12 photo.  Perfect!  I have some of my yarn work on Instagram, but the ones I don't I can still print in small squares.  I choose the 2x2 just because you get more for your buck :D

I realized that I have made a lot more than I remember in the past 3 years that I have been crocheting. I also realized I haven't shared everything on my blog.  So I want to share 3 bags I made in 2010 from this Lion Brand Yarn "Circle Dance Bag" pattern.


I like this one because it reminds me of Raspberry, Orange, Pineapple Sherbert :D  (I still have it--to be sold someday.)


This one I didn't change the color so much in order to avoid weaving in the ends.  In 2010, my husband's work had a charity event and this was given as a prize (along with a scarf and a pack of cards--all individually raffled off--people got to choose if they wanted it and they were a big hit!  Who knew?!?!)


And this one was made for my niece.

The first two bags were made from Lion Brand Cotton-Ease Yarn (Azalea/Maize/Almond and Almond/Lake/Charcoal) and the 3rd Bag was Lion Cotton (Black & Purple) and Sugar N Cream (Mod Blue).

The one change I made to the pattern was at the top of the bag, I used all 3 colors for the "rim" of the bag (the last 3 rows of the project).

I am thinking of doing another one for me in this pattern


The pattern on the pillow...not the bird (ha ha ha).  It is the pillow from The Big Bang Theory and I just love the pattern.  It will be quite a project to attempt, but I think I can do it--when I have some extra time.



No comments:

Post a Comment