Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Birthday Card

Last week, I finished this card for my Goddaughter (I had to wait to until I gave it to her to post this).



I used my newest stamps and die cuts from The Stamps of Life that I bought at the Scrapbook Expo.

It is a pretty basic card.  I used the Cupcake die and stamp, the "happy birthday" stamp from the princess stamp set, washi tape (from the Target set), and a kraft base card that I cut using a Cricut cartridge -Life's a Party.  The paper used for the cupcake is from some older Basic Grey collections-Lollipop Shoppe-Fruit Punch & Blush-Be Mine

This is the first time I tried heat embossing on Kraft paper.  I wouldn't recommend heat embossing Kraft paper...unless I was doing it wrong (which is entirely possible), because it smelled like it was just burning the paper.

2 comments: