Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Getting Crafty with my Craft Supplies



For the past few years, there have been misting products in the paper craft markets, but I never got into them.

At the Expo, my crop-mates were talking about their Heidi Swapp Color Shine purchases from Michaels.  That is when I thought--what am I missing?

The next day, I went over to Michaels to check and see if I could grab a Gold Lame version, but my Michaels was out.

So I hit the internet to see if I could make my own version of Gold misting with the Acrylic paints I had on hand.

I found different recipes and I thought I had the perfect one.

~added 1/4 of the bottle with water (I used purified water)
~added alcohol to make the bottle 1/2 full


It was kinda watery...the recipe I found used straight-from-the-tube acrylic paint.  I think Craft Acrylic paint has more water to it.  So I had to add paint up to the rim of the bottle.

I think if I were to try it again, I would first put the paint in, then only add a little alchol at a time until I like the consistancy and I would skip the water all together.

It might not be as misty as the ones from the store, but it works for me :)  I've used it a couple of times already and I like the effect. 


Above, I masked the paper with some letter stickers, sprayed the mist, then removed the stickers.


This one, I used some Heidi Swapp resistance paper (courtesy of Crafty Jossie). 

I am wanting to see if I can find some more small spray bottles at the dollar store and make some other colors soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment