Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

From Scarf to Infinity

In March 2011, I made this scarf.


I made it with the intention of either selling it or giving it away.  Even though I liked the color combination, something just didn't look right.  Maybe it was the fringe…I don't know what it was, but it sat in my container waiting for me to do something with it.

Then yesterday, we were going to another Christmas celebration and I remembered I hadn't found anything for my Godmother.  So I pulled out the scarf, but still wasn't thrilled with it when it dawned on me to make it into an infinity scarf!


Ta-da!!!  I just removed the fringe and sewed the ends together…it took me about 5 minutes to transform it!!!  I loved it.  Funny thing is we did a white elephant gift exchange and my mom had made one similar to this (almost exact colors too!) and had put it into the exchange!

Edited to add pattern free from Red Heart.  The pattern had hearts and pom-poms attached, but I didn't add those, just added fringe originally.
I cannot for the life of me find the pattern, but it is just hdc stitch 18 rows alternating colors--I used Vanna's Choice in White, Silver Blue (looking grey in the picture), and Dusty Blue.

Thanks for looking :)


2 comments:

  1. Cute! My daughters are crazy for these scarves! You should make more and sell! I would totally buy one! What I love most is they are not big and bulky like the ones they sell in the stores. Love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you :) I have an etsy but never put anything up. Email me if you want some. Rumor is I work for cheap hahaha ;)

      Delete