Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

2008 Oahu Trip (#2)

For the past few weeks, I have been working on my Oahu scrapbook little by little.

Here are the 3 layouts of our first day on the island.


Our friends (at the time) arranged for a limo to pick us up at the airport...how fancy!  We didn't have the greatest view from our hotel room, but we weren't planning on staying in there--we were on an adventurous trip :) (plus I love to save money...aka, I'm cheap--ha ha ha)

This is one of the first times I embraced embellishing the photos themselves and I love it!!!

{Thickers came out years ago and I only had a few sets--2 were given to me in two separate classes I had taken (one blogged about last year)...then later last year, I bought a grab bag from Amy Tan(gerine) which added 3 more to my collection.  This is the first time I've really started to use them and I am in love...I don't know what took me so long!!!

I have since bought 2 more sets :D (bringing my total to a mere 7 sets) I don't need another addiction, but the lovely ladies of Instagram always show off there finds from Tuesday Morning and TJ Maxx.  Repeating myself--I don't need another addition...I don't need...}

From the first 2-page layout, I love this 3x4 card I made...


I did not take this picture (I would have had to be in the ocean to do so--ha ha ha).  It is the postcard (cut down to 3x4) I took from the room...so perfect for my album.

Here is the second 2-page layout, showing our first lunch and my first time eating tacos with fish inside!  Then we did some shopping.


And the last 2-page layout


Showing the beach across the street and our first dinner.  (I only blurred her face because I don't have permission to use her image--not the fact that we are no longer friends--ha ha ha)

The 3x4 journal card says "The beach was literally across the street from our hotel.  But we didn't spend any time there."  I had to use the word literally (and I used it right) because this person literally said that word a million times--ok, yes, not really literally a million times, but she used it a lot and often not in the right context!  My daughter laughed when she read the card and asked me if I used the word on purpose...she knows me too well :D

A little close up on the last picture

A third couple was supposed to join us on our trip, but couldn't after all...we had taken this picture at the restaurant pretending our friend Meredith was with us :)  Silly girls!

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Linda love the layouts and your inspiring me to get my older photos of trips into albums! Remeber I'm new to scrapbook-ing! hahaha I'm sure I will think I'm still new in another ten years. I want the deets ont his trip at the expo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too late to go back and scrapbook the past!

      Delete