Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Galentine's Day-Craft Day

I had never heard of Galentine's Day until this year.  A couple of friends and I decided to get together at a local Michaels to create and it happened to be Valentine's weekend--which is also Galentine's weekend.

What is Galentine's?  Well I guess if you watch Parks and Rec, you would know--I have never watched it.  Amy Poehler's character Leslie Knope talks about February 13--a day for "Ladies celebrating ladies."  I love it!

Anyway, we decided to gather on Friday from 3:30-8:30 (we would have gone all night but they close the store at 9 and we had to be out by 8:30--boo!).  As always, we have so much fun together.  Liz and I worked on our planners and Jossie worked on a layout.

During the holiday weekend (it was also President's Day weekend), I shopped a little too much for crafty supplies.  I bought Heidi Swapp minc tags, Heidi Swapp foil, a Scotch brand laminator, Crate Paper "Hello Love" paper pad, Dear Lizzy "Documentary" paper pad, and Amy Tangerine "Stitched" paper pad.

I so didn't need any paper!!!  But it was on sale at Michaels and I had to have it...

On Monday, I challenged myself to use most of the stuff I bought and I came up with this layout.


I have been wanting to try the Heidi Swapp minc stuff, but I didn't want to spend a fortune on it.  I found the tags and foil at Michaels on clearance and bought a $20 laminator at Target (much better than the $130 minc!).  And guess what?  It worked!!!  I hope not to go crazy with it though.  I bought silver, gold, teal, and hot pink foils.


I also dug into my stash for red foam Thickers, 6x6 Echo Park "Head over Heels" paper pad, Teresa Collins "Crush" ticket, Maggie Holmes "Confetti" phrase stickers, a paper straw (I bought a pack at the Target dollar spot, but these are similar), Maggie Holmes "Confetti" ephemera tag, BoBunny "Crazy Love" chipboard sticker, My Mind's Eye "Unforgettable" Stickers, and the Studio Calico Mega Date Stamp that I had to have.

I had fun making the layout (it only took me a couple of hours--woo hoo!!!).  Thank you for looking.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I know what "Galentines" is since I am/was a huge fan of "Parks"!
    I love your layout! I love how colorful and girly it is... perfect for the theme! And I am happy for and proud of you for setting your challenge and completing it! Also, good for you for finding a cheaper version to create what appears to now be a favorite technique for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait for our next Galentines!!!!!

    ReplyDelete