Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2016

"Pin"spired~Wizard of Oz

I had pinned this quote/photo on Pinterest a while back and as I was cleaning out my pins I rediscovered it and thought it was so perfect to print out and frame it for my daughter as a surprise.

I realized as I was going through my paper stash that I had the perfect glitter paper .  It is 5x7 from the Heidi Swapp Oh What Fun line.  I like it because it is sturdy unlike some of the other glitter papers I have collected.

I cut 2 pieces of white cardstock to figure out which border looked best--one with a 1/2 inch border and one with a 1/4 inch border.  Without the frame, I thought the 1/2 inch white border (second photo) looked great, but once I put it in the frame, I realized the frame takes a bit of the 5x7 size away and the 1/4 inch is what I used.



At Hobby Lobby, I was looking for a black frame, but I didn't want anything too flourishy and didn't find what I had in mind...so I bought a white frame and I am so glad that I did.


I just love the way this turned out and I hope she loves it too--even though she is nearly 21, she is still my little girl :D

**I don't think this is a direct quote from the movie/book (kinda like "Luke, I am your father" isn't the real quote from Star Wars--haha).  It is more behind what is implied by Glinda's quote in the movie.

Thank you for looking.

7 comments: