Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Happy "I Love Yarn Day"

(image from the Craft Yarn Council--yes, there is a council for this!)


I cannot believe there is a day for loving yarn...I will take it :)

When I saw it was I Love Yarn Day, I knew my POTD (Picture of the day) for my PL (Project Life) would be about my yarn.

Then I started pulling out my stash of yarn...eek!  It must have multipled while being stored ha ha ha.

Here are a couple of my favorite thick yarns--Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick and some leftovers of Lion Brand Hometown USA


I like using Spinkles Cupcake bags as storage :)  These bags contain Red Heart Soft (I love using this yarn for baby blankets--it is soft for babies and come in more colors than just pastels) , Lily Sugar and Cream, Lion Brand Lion Cotton, Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (for Susan G. Komen for the Cure), Lion Brand Lion Organic Cotton and a skein I picked up at a craft faire.


More of my favorite:  Lion Brand Cotton Ease (my favorite for bags!), Lion Brand Baby's First (similar to Cotton Ease, but thicker--and only pastels), Bernat Softee Chunky, and Yarn Gang (Discontinued Michaels brand).


And the rest of it...Red Heart Super Saver (I don't care for this at all, it is cheap, but I am not that cheap), Stitch Nation Bamboo Ewe, Stitch Nation Full o' Sheep, Lion Brand Vanna's Choice, Lion Brand Wool-Ease, Lion Brand Homespun, Red Heart Baby Clouds, Plymouth Yarn Heaven (the only yarn I have overpaid for at a Yarn store--I know support the local stores, but I am cheap), Red Heart Designer Sport (this one is a bit thin), Patons Classic Wool, Loops & Threads Impeccable (Michaels brand), and Bernat Waverly.


When I first started crocheting, I thought buying yarn was like buying pretty scrapbook paper--but it doesn't work that way :)  I have since learned to have a project in mind then buy the yarn--although I still buy yarn in hopes to do project that never come to be.

(this must be a record--4 posts in 1 week!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment