Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Girls Only -- Scrapbook Expo Layout

Quite a few years ago (maybe 2008 or 2009???), I started an album for my "girls outings" layouts.  As of now, there are only 3 layouts in this book (including the one I am sharing)--ha ha ha.  I really have lots to catch up on!



I like the spatter look (is spatter only for blood--I've watched too much Dexter, I think).  I used all the mists I have on the page--which isn't much.  Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Primerose and Teal, my DIY Gold, and a white paint pen--I don't remember the brand and the label has come off.

I started off by only using the paint on the first half with the photos of me and the girls, but the layout wasn't too cohesive.  So I opted to do the same on the other side.  I had a lot more photos I wanted to add--the goodies that the girls and the crop gave me--but there just wasn't enough room.

The thing about using the spatter/splatter look is the drying time.  It took me over a day to do this layout because I would come back and forth to allow it to dry.  Also, I think it took so long because I am not too keen on the base color I decided to use, but I didn't want to start all over again.

The current trending looks on layouts is awesome and I tried to mimic them, but it leaves little room for too many photos :(

Added bonus, I finally use my typewriter on a layout.  WooHoo!!!  With my new table, my typewriter fits perfectly under my desk and I have plenty of space to open it without having to remove the typewriter from the case.

Thank you for looking :)

8 comments:

  1. Linda la la loved hanging out with you at the scrapbook expo! I only wish I would of bought as much paper as you!!!! I think the best part is just hanging out and talkin about everything under the sun. I am so happy we met through "scrapbooking" :)
    us - scrapboogers! lol
    oh soot I like the layout! Nice splatter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it is always such fun hanging out with you girls!!! Wish we all had more time to do it more often than once a year! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice layout! I like the look : )

    Thanks for inviting me, I had a great time meeting your super nice crafty friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout! This may be one of the few instances I see you use pink, haha! It's really cute and you're a paint/ink splattering pro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! yes, my use of pink is limited :D ha ha ha

      Delete
  4. I love this! Love the misting/splatters and the way you broke up the pictures into 2 separate clusters!
    BTW - Long time no talk! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      Hope you are doing great...miss seeing your creations :)

      Delete