Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Chunky Slouchy Beanie

Last week, I found this cute crochet hat pattern on Ravelry by Polkdot Squirrel.  I asked my daughter if she thought my niece would wear it and she said yeah (my daughter doesn't wear crocheted hats :/ ).  So I bought the pattern at Etsy.


Since I liked the look of the hat on Ravelry, I used the same yarn from Michaels called Loops and Threads Charisma in Off-White.

I usually crochet very tightly, so I used a bigger hook than the pattern called for, but it was way too big.  Then I used the size the pattern called for and it was still a bit big, so I went with a smaller hook.  I thought it was pretty cute--a bit big, but cute.  My daughter thinks it is way too big still--I am not sure if I will pull it back a couple of rows or not.  

I was going to give it to my niece for Christmas, but since she is coming over on Thanksgiving, maybe I will see what she thinks about the size.

6 comments:

  1. I think it's cute! I love the way the look on other people but I can't pull that look off myself. :0(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here...I love making hats, but I cannot wear them. Luckily I have a teen niece who wears them well :)

      Delete
  2. Hi I really like it! My daughter wears a hat similar to the one you made. My younger daughter just told me the other day she would like to learn how to knit. What would you recommend us doing first? lol a class or could we learn on our own from a book? We both want to make blankets and scarves. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually learned how to crochet by watching YouTube videos!!! I am more of a visual learner. I have tried to learn to knit, but that was not as easy for me. So, I would say check out YouTube first, then maybe see if you have a local yarn shop that offers classes. I have tried learning from books, but like I said I am more of a visual learner so it was a bit harder for me to understand the books even with pictures :) Hope that helps

      Delete
    2. Thanks Linda we will def ck it out!

      Delete