Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

My Blanket :)

Last Christmas, I received a gift certificate from my Goddaughter to Joann's.  With the funds, I bought yarn to make myself a lap blanket for my couch.

I used Lion Brand Vanna's Choice (which was on sale--I don't care if it is a gift certificate or not, I always use a coupon or buy yarn on sale :D ) in Chocolate, Dusty Green, Mustard, and Beige.  I really liked the 70's vibe it gives off.

Because I love free patterns, I used a free pattern from Lion Brand called Modern Alchemy Afghan.  I made 2 adjustments to the pattern.  1-because I hate weaving in the ends, I went with 4 rows instead of 2 when changing colors.  2-I wanted a mirror imaged pattern, so half way through the blanket, I went with 8 rows in the middle then changed my colors opposite from the way I did when I started. (clear as mud?  ha ha ha)


I actually finished this blanket months ago and I use it all the time (even in the summer!).  I love it!!!  Thank you, Nicole!!! :)


2 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of balnkets since I am ALWAYS cold!
    I can't knit to save my life and the whole switching around the colors for a mirror image just "blew my mind"! LOL!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete