Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Disneyland 2001 Album Redo Series (#3)

I had some time yesterday so I wanted to complete another page of my 2001 Disneyland trip.

I pulled the 5 photos of the parade we watched.  (This was pre-scrapbooking days so I really didn't take too many pictures--which seems so odd now!)  At the time, I owned an APS Canon camera which used a cartridge to hold the film.  Once developed, the film is kept inside the cartridge.  So when I decided to redo my album years ago, I took the cartridge to my local Wolf Camera (I miss that store!) and had them reprint the photos AND make a CD of the photos for me.

As I was trying to figure out my page, I was kinda sad that they were so dark since we were in the shade…then technology stepped in.  I used PhotoShop to lighten my photos that I had had copied onto the CD.  Not only did I lighten the pictures, I cropped and removed tree branches and my hand from a couple of the photos.

Here is a comparison.


The photos on the left are the ones printed straight from the camera.

My only complaint is that the sky was no longer vibrant.


But you can now see Pluto, Goofy, and Chip and Dale!!


See, now you can see Belle, too! (Well kinda)

I've learned a lot since I began scrapbooking--like, you don't need to scrapbook every photo.  You can see in the first comparison photo that I didn't lighten the last photo.  Also, I did not use the Hippo photo above, even though I cropped, lightened, and reprinted it.

Now for the before layout:


Gotta love my awesome cut-around-the-photos on the bottom :)

Now the after:


I used the Simple Stories Say Cheese line.  It was only a 1-page layout because it will be the last page of my album.

As I was trying to complete this layout, I really wanted to know the title of the parade.  And again, since I wasn't scrapbooking at the time, I didn't have any memorabilia from my kids' first trip to Disneyland.  A quick (well not so quick) search on Google and I found out it was the "45 Years of Magic" parade!  I LOVE TECHNOLOGY!!!

I didn't know how lucky we were to see this parade at the time.  The 45th anniversary was actually on July 17, 2000, but the parade was still running when we see it almost a year later (July 1, 2001).

Thank you for looking :)

2 comments:

  1. I have to learn how to use Photoshop! Love the new layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am limited at my photoshop skills...it is very easy though! :) Just jump right in.

      Delete