Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Paper Collection...

...aka Paper Hoarding!

My craft room organization has been going on for some time, but I really like my paper storage and don't plan on changing it.  I've had these Michaels cubes (turned sideways) and Cropper Hopper paper holders for some time.

The cubes are housed under my work table which is easy to get to and works perfectly.



So what do I have in there?

1. 8 1/2 x 11 Cardstock (mostly Recollection brand)
2. 12x12 Cardstock (Some Bazzill, CTMH, DCWV, and Recollection)
3. White & Black 12x12 & 8 1/2 x 11 card stock (Recollection brand)
4. Dear Lizzy, Maggie Holmes, Basic Grey, and Recollection paper packs
5. More paper packs (Amy Tangerine and DCWV) and some water color paper 
6. 8x8 paper pads (DCWV and Slabs)
7. more 8x8 DCWV pads and some 4.5x6.5 DCWV pads
8. 6x6 paper packs (Simple Stories, DCWV, and Basic Grey)
9. Christmas papers and pads
10. More Christmas, Halloween papers and some Valentine's packs
11. Disney papers (missing from photo) and Basic Grey papers (lots!)
12. Assorted CTMH paper packs and cardstock
13. Miscellaneous papers (sorted by lines--Love, Elsie, Rusty Pickle, etc.)
14. Miscellaneous papers (sorted by themes--baby, school, sports, etc.)
15. 12x12 DCWV paper packs and Slabs
16. 12x12 Michaels Slabs

As I am typing this, I am realizing I have a lot more than I remember.  I also have 3 more 4.5x6.5 paper pads in my Ikea Raskog cart!  But I am going to focus on the Slabs in this post.

What are Slabs?  180 pieces of thin paper that Michaels sold in a pack.  Now they sell "Paper Pads" which are a bit thicker paper (but not much).

When I first started scrapbooking, I was constantly buying the Slabs when they would come out…with the weekly coupons, it seemed cheaper that way…but I never used most of it--so it wasn't cheaper!  

A few years ago, one of our nieces asked for donations of craft supplies for her daughter's Girl Scout troop, so I took 2/3 of every Slab and lots of cardstock to her.  Well since then I still haven't used any of the Slabs!  (ok, I used 2 sheets on one card I made for my friend's mom, but that is it!)

Lately, I've been going through all my supplies and setting aside items in boxes to donate to a local Girl Scout troop--preferable a Brownie troop since I was a Brownie so long ago :D

So I will finally be donating the remaining papers from the Slabs 1-6


At least that was the plan…except for Slab 3 which I was never going to donate because I plan to use that paper when I finally complete our Honeymoon (to Mexico) album.


But then as I looked through the papers, I wanted to keep Slab 6 as well since it has always been my favorite Slab.  (Maybe I will only keep half of it.)


Then, I took out a few more papers from the other Slabs.


Shhh!!!

I actually thought I had sworn off paper packs a long time ago, but within the last year, I have been collecting American Crafts paper packs from Dear Lizzy (3 pads), Amy Tangerine (2 pads), some Recollection pads, and yesterday I added the Maggie Holmes pad!!!  eeekkk…I have a problem.


I so need to used them up and stop buying more paper!  

I am waiting on 2 deliveries though--one contains 50 sheets of Bazzill (got it for cheap through Blitsy) and the other contains Simple Stories Say Cheese line (again got a good deal).  

And I am drooling over the Amy Tangerine Plus One paper pack…and then that is it…I will quit paper! ;)

6 comments:

  1. You are hilarious!! You need an intervention : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly! That's a lot of paper! I probably have the same amount as you do though. I just spread mine out throughout the house so it doesn't look like much, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you might be doing it the right way! That way no one can see how much you really have :D

      Delete
  3. You have issues....LOL! JK
    Love how neatly your paper is organized! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I know I have issues ha ha ha...I am trying very hard though :D

      Delete