Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Disneyland 2001 Album Redo Series (#6)

I had some more time this weekend to scrapbook--yay!  (boo, if you are bored with my Disney pages :D )

Here is the before layout of Tarzan's Treehouse (formerly known as the Swiss Family Treehouse).


On the new layout, I actually journaled about some of the meltdowns of our trip.  It is funny because after all these years, I am the only one that remembers the stories.


After taking the first picture on the left, my kids began fighting (and yes, mom took a picture).

A close-up--you're welcome--ha ha ha.


The journaling says, "Seconds after posing for a nice photo, the kids started fighting.  Why should the Happiest Place on Earth be any different than at home?".

The journal card on the second page says, "It had been a long day and he wasn't riding in a stroller.  It was no wonder he wasn't happy about climbing the rope and posing for this photo".

I could have left out the photo of them fighting and not said a word about my son being mad in the rope picture (because you couldn't even tell), but I think the stories add to our fun "real" trip.  I was happy to use two of Amy Tangerine's roller stamps on the journal cards--one says "Real Life" and the other says "*The Truth".


I really don't tear my paper any more, but when I was thinking about this layout, I remembered I had some bamboo paper from CTMH, so I dug it out, but there wasn't much to use and it was torn, so I made it work and tore the blue paper on the opposite side to tie the two pages. The mats on the left side are burlap.  In the corner, I punched a Mickey Mouse silhouette using the burlap as well (I don't recommend trying to use a punch on burlap--it didn't work out too well).

Even though I mainly used the Simple Stories Say Cheese line (again!) I was happy to pull in old products like the Close to My Heart bamboo paper and some Creative Memories bamboo letter stickers that I have had in my stash forever!

You will be happy to know that I just put my deco scissors into my "donate to the Girls Scouts" box :D

Thank you for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Love your use of the burlap - adds great texture! Glad to hear you are using your stash : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally took your advice and I am using my stuff! Thank you :)

      Delete